Monday, December 30, 2013

Martin Freeman ALMOST missed out on Sherlock role - because he was mugged before the audition!

HEATWORLD
CELEB NEWS
Posted by Emmeline Saunders on 28 December 2013 20:43



Speaking to Radio Times ahead of the third series of the hit BBC1 show, Martin explained that his first ever meeting with the casting team was almost ruined when he was attacked in the street for his wallet.

"I'll admit maybe I was a bit stressed. But a week later my agent rang and said, 'Listen, this Sherlock thing, they're sort of under the impression you weren't that into it.'



"And I said, 'Oh … I am really interested. Please call them and let them know that I am interested.'"
Luckily for every fan of the show, Martin's next audition went much better.

"So I came in again, read with Benedict and it instantly worked, it seemed to me … I thought he was a fantastic actor and there was something about our rhythms, similarities and differences that meant that it just happened."


READ MORE HERE: http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2013/12/Martin-Freeman-ALMOST-missed-out-on-Sherlock-role---because-he-was-mugged-before-the-audition/

No comments: